Tuesday 25 May 2010

Marsha Raven - False Alarm (Dutch Remix) (12'' Maxi) 1984 Hi-NRG Disco Classic


Marsha Raven - False Alarm (Dutch Remix) (12'' Maxi) 1984

An excellent Hi-NRG dance classic. A great production, with really powerful lyrics which tell an all too real story. We've all been there... Drama for the dancefloor! Written and produced by British High Energy Legendary producer "IAN ANTHONY STEPHENS"
An all time Hi-NRG classic!
[RETRO-DISCO Hi-NRG]

"I was looking for love
He was seeking adventure but never said at the time
A first rate act, close to perfection
Though not what I had in mind

I can't believe the love he showed me
Was only hurt in disguise
I can't believe I let myself
Be fooled by him, I realize"

"False alarm, the love he showed me
False alarm, he left me so lonely
(False alarm) The love in his eyes was only hurt in disguise"

"He promised the world and I can remember
He said our love wouldn't end
I gave him my heart, now I face rejection
I won't let it happen again

I can't understand I wasted my time
On someone who don't really care
I can't understand how love went wrong
I cry alone, 'cause he's not there"

"Chorus"

"I always thought we would last forever
But now it seems so long ago and we're not together"

"Chorus"


"It was a false alarm

I can't believe the love he showed me
Was only hurt in disguise
I can't believe I let myself
Be fooled by him, I realize"

"Chorus"

"Chorus"

6 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten how good this Hi Energy classic was, thank you for helping me relive my youth a little

    80's Hi Energy and Motown were the two great musical era's in my life

    Thanks Retro

    Graham x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What memories this one brings back!!!!! DJ'ing at Partners in PE 1983-1985. Those were the days!!Thanks so much for all the memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. CaBeToDJ dice..
    Saludos a los seguidores del Euro Beat,Nrg, Soy su amigo y desde Sur america con muchisimo gusto.Seguidor de este genero desde 1985. Retro Felicitaciones por este blog!!! un Abrazo desde Cali Colombia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excelente tus aportes en este blog

    Gracias RETRO

    CaBeToDJ Cali,Colombia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what a treasure trove of classic Hi NRG, as a fan, I have a lot of these on origonal vinyl, but great to have crisp mint CD quality, also some geat album tracks,
    MANY MANY THNANKS!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anybody know where one would start looking for the Now That's What I Call Music and the Pop Shop collections as it was released from the late 70's?

    ReplyDelete

Enjoying the files? Please leave some comments :)